Adoption Journey

Tuesday, December 12, 2006


One more neat thing I forgot to share. Last night on the way home from the theme park, Jenna began singing what sounded like a lullaby. Her social worker said that she was singing a Formosan song about a Japanese girl who was an orphan and had had a difficult life. Then she was found by a family who loved her and gave her a home and love. I was awed. I realized that she understood that this was now happening to her in real life and the fact that she was singing about it tells me that she is happy with us. It was a wonderful moment and I will always treasure it :)
Here is a picture of us soaked to the bone from the Rapid Rivers. Too much fun!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger J+Di Di said…

    Hi Patty,

    It's soo wonderful that you and Jenna are bonding so well!! You are meant for each other! She sounds like a daughter that any mother would wish to have. I think I know the song she sings and have tears in my eyes just thinking how close that resembles her young life. The mix feeling of sadness (about her past) and great joy (for her future with her forever family) must be overwhelming.
    Have fun for the rest of your trip!!

    Jackie
    Adopting from Taiwan Yahoo Group

     

Post a Comment

<< Home