Adoption Journey

Saturday, December 02, 2006

5 Days Till Take-Off!


Only 5 days left til take-off!!!! We are so filled with excitement and anticipation at seeing Jenna in 1 week! I know it will be one of the most incredible moments of our lives!
Here's how things will begin. Once we arrive on Sunday, we plan on doing some shopping in the handicraft and jade markets. Woo hoo! Okay, my sightseeing will be done. lol.
Monday morning, we arrive at Cathwel (the orphanage). Upon arriving, we will spend a couple hours learning about Jenna - her likes and dislikes, etc. Then we will sign lots of paperwork. Once that is all finished - WE WILL MEET HER!!! So - Sunday night by midnight, we will have her with us! A stunning thought! It is all so amazing and incredible - I wish there were adequate words to express our joyful feelings :0)
It is so neat - when I was a little girl, I can remember getting toys that said "made in Taiwan" on them. Those words always made me stop and wonder about children in Taiwan and what their life must be like (yes, I was a fan of "Big Blue Marble"). I wondered how different their lives must be from my own and it all seemed so foreign. Now, in a matter of days, I will not only be meeting a child of Taiwan, but bringing her into my home - she is already lodged in my heart! It is just amazing to me how God and life bring us our deepest longings at just the right time and fulfill a life-long dream in the most perfect way. Thank you all for sharing in our dream:)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said…

    What a great blog! Jenna is beautiful and it is wonderful that you have been able to chat with her already. Have a great trip and keep us posted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home