Adoption Journey

Monday, December 11, 2006


Okay. It's the middle of the night here (not there) and I am wide awake :)
Jenna is so precious! She is very brave, kind, and servant-hearted. It melts our hearts when she calls us "mother" and "father." She really is extaordinary and yesterday was wonderful! When she grew sad about ther foster mother, I colored a picture of a rainbow. Erick and I and the children were on one side - Jenna was on the other. Under the rainbow, I colored a red heart with arrows pointing from our family to her. I told her that we loved her and that the rainbow was happiness and joy - like her name. She really liked it and then drew a picture of a house. She was in the top window and Erick, I, and the children were in other windows. She said this is home/family and that she was happy. Her love of art and drawing are very apparent. I'm glad I brought so much of it for her to do.
She took a long nap yesterday and is sleeping like a baby now. I will try to get some also :)
I've reposted the photo of Mr. Yeh (Ye-ah). He is very nice!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Mark & Mel Harpold said…

    Patty:
    How wonderful to see sweet Jenna with you guys FINALLY!!
    You are in great hands with Yeh too! He was our taxi driver for the whole week we were there and he was awesome! Very prompt and he would help me with Sophi when she didn't want anything to do with me! He carried her around and talked with her! So cool! Oh yeah, Penny was Blake and Sophi's SW too! What a wonderful lady!
    Take care and have a great time!
    Mel
    AFY Yahoo Group

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    How wonderful to finally see Jenna with you. It sounds like she has a very kind heart.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Tisra said…

    You must be pinching yourself! She seems so at ease in her photos- what a beautiful family picture. I pray that your transistion is smooth and that she is comforted by knowing how desperately her Mother and Father love her. Congratulations on ending one journey, and beginning a new one!

    Tisra
    Adopting from Taiwan Yahoo Group

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    We are so celebrating with you! I'm sure your long wait has been worth it. We have been checking the blog xxxx times daily waiting to see you with your new daughter. She is beautiful and precious! I LOVE the name Jenna Joy. How perfect! Can't wait to meet her in person. I hope you are preparing her for stardom because she is definitely going to be a star over here. Enjoy every minute of your stay. Best wishes and God Bless.

    Love, The Lossners

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger Joanna said…

    Dear Erick, Patty, and Jenna Joy,

    How wonderful it is to see you all together! Jenna looks so kind and sweet, and I know the both of you are just overjoyed with her. We've been praying for all of you, and we can't wait to meet our new niece and cousin!

    Love ya'll,

    Joanna

    P.S. Evan had his surgery at 7:30....things seem to go well. I didn't get out of there until midnight. I'll let you know more today! I'm sure Evan is just happy it's over with.

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Blogger Joanna said…

    Dear Erick, Patty, and Jenna Joy,

    How wonderful it is to see you all together! Jenna looks so kind and sweet, and I know the both of you are just overjoyed with her. We've been praying for all of you, and we can't wait to meet our new niece and cousin!

    Love ya'll,

    Joanna

    P.S. Evan had his surgery at 7:30....things seem to go well. I didn't get out of there until midnight. I'll let you know more today! I'm sure Evan is just happy it's over with.

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi Brookins,
    I am just checking this out for the first time bawling boulder size tears of joy for you all. I am so happy for your entire family!
    Jenna, you are another beatiful Brookin kid and our family (especially Amber) can't wait to meet you. Hugs to all.
    God Bless,
    Kelly Dittemer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home