Adoption Journey

Monday, December 11, 2006




Wow!!!! Today was an amazing day! We met Jenna, and yes, she likes her name - so Jenna Joy it is. She is wonderful! She is perfect for our family in so many ways and we for her - it was so neat as we talked with her social worker and foster mom. The similarities are abundant :)


She is even cuter in real life than in her pictures we have of her. She is so kind and thoughtful - she says thank you and please for everything. At the orphanage, she got chairs for everyone to sit in ,and when we got back to the hotel, she got our slippers for us to put on. She is adjusting and it will take time, but she says she is happy and seems to be enjoying herself. She is quite the little artist and we have spent much of the day communicating and playing through drawing pictures. She never tires of drawing. We have played several games and she is a whiz at all of them! Tonight has been a little rough as she misses her foster family, but we allowed her to call them, and she has been enjoying the rest of the evening just fine.

Right now she is watching one of her favorite shows - a Korean teenage sitcom :)

Tomorrow we're off to AIT to get her visa and then we will spend the day at a theme park. I will try to post more later, but today has been the realization of a lifelong dream - it was more than mere words can describe. Jenna is everything we hoped she would be - her spirit and personality are just so sweet.

The posts are of our meeting and with Penny and Mr. Yeh (our driver).

6 Comments:

  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Wow! It is so great to see you with her. I'm so glad she likes her special name. I couldn't wait to see what was happening this morning. I am sooo happy for both of you. I have tears rolling down my face. I can't wait till Sunday. I am so excited. Jenna is a lucky girl.
    Rochelle

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Vivian said…

    Hi Patty & Erick,

    Jenna is beautiful and you are a wonderful looking family! Can't wait to see all of you together. We're looking forward to meeting her for the first time too! You guys have a great time at the park and keep us updated. God bless.

    Vivian

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Patty said…

    What a great day! I am at work reading this and tears are just a pouring down my face! She is a blessed little girl. I am so happy for all of you. Can't wait to see her beautiful smiling face!
    I checked on Evan this moring and his surgery has been moved to 4:30. I will try to see the family before I go home.
    Patty Ritter

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger David and Janalee said…

    So happy to see her with you! It is an incredible feeling to finally have them with you. I hope you have a great time getting to know each other.

    Janalee
    yahoo group

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Andrea M said…

    Congratulations! It's so wonderful to see you all together. Have a great time :)

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Congratulations. I know it must feel so good to finally have her with you. I can't wait to see you finally back in the states. It sounds like she is a wonderful girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home