Adoption Journey

Sunday, December 24, 2006

The last several days have gone really well. We have done quiet activities here at home, gone to the wildlife refuge, taken Christmas lights drives, and baked cookies, which if you know me, is definitely a feat worth mentioning! I am not gifted in that area - that is why Nestle ready dough is perfect for us. I figure I can still call them homemade since I made them at home. lol.
Anyway, Jenna is doing great; she went out shopping yesterday and picked a special gift for each member of the family. She was so thoughtful in each gift she chose.
Today she has been organizing my 6 year old's room. With her around, maybe my home will start to look like the home I've always dreamed of!~ lol.
We are looking forward to tomorrow and hoping Christmas morning will not be too overwhelming for her. She is used to opening gifts privately.
One thing I discovered last night is that she is able to read English somewhat. She has been taught to sound out the sounds and use phonics, which is good. She does not seem to want to use English very much, but we are pushing her a little. She is a quick learner!
I'm glad that all of the children get on well together and can have this Christmas with one another. Merry Christmas to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home