Adoption Journey

Thursday, January 18, 2007




Jenna is looking at the photo album her new friend brought her. It is filled with pictures of her and Jenna's sister back in Taiwan.

It's a small world, after all!!!!
Here is an amazing story that only God could bring about! When we started the adoption process 8 1/2 months ago, I joined an online forum for people adopting from Asia. Back in April, I met (online) a woman who was also adopting a girl the same age as Jenna and who lives fairly close to us. We have been in contact, first, through the forum, then through email and phone calls as the months have passed. She brought her daughter home a little over 2 1/2 months before we brought Jenna home. We have been on the phone more than a few times sharing each other's day-to-day progress.
Well, Jenna has a sister still in Taiwan who is not adoptable, so we were not able to bring her to America. A couple of weeks ago, I was showing Jenna my friend's little girl and was explaining that she was near us and was from Taiwan also. Jenna got a very strange look on her face and excitedly told me that her sister's best friend had moved to Florida and that she was the same age as my friend's daughter! That was all I needed to email a photo of Jenna's sister to the family. Sure enough! My online friend's daughter is Jenna's sister's best friend!!!! My friend emailed me some photos of the two girls together back in Taiwan. We were incredulous! Here we had been in contact all these months and we end up having much more in common than we were anticipating!
Prior to this miraculous discovery, we had been planning on getting the girls together "sometime soon." Ha! Within a week, we were watching Jenna and her sister's best friend meet for the 1st time! It was so cool! They hit it off great and cannot wait to see each other again :O) It was a wonderful day and I have posted some photos of their time together - it is obvious how happy they were! I will post most of them after I close this post, which is rather long.
God is absolutely amazing!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Sherry said…

    Yeah!!! Im so happy I checked out your blog & Im even happier that the girls got to meet! Their faces say enough! Great pictures & it is so nice that they live close to one another. (What a great connection for them to have!) Thanks for sharing...you made mine & baby Kobi's night seeing those happy faces together:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home